1. Finance: New running gear, from the bottom to the...shoulders. The registration fee. Oh, and pre- and post-race massages.
2. Diet: Abstaining from my favorite junk food, which happens to be all of them.
3. Social: Saying no to activities to stick to the training schedule. Also, losing cool points with my on-and-off hobbling.
4. Physical: Encountering a foot injury. Not to mention the daily onset of muscle soreness.
5. Mental: Going mental. (I kid.)
Was it worth it? O YEA.
This 12-week experience has taught me a lot of things, especially the importance of discipline, and the importance of encouragement. God has been unbelievably faithful to me even in this, and has shown me that He deeply cares about the things that I care about, even right down to the number on my race bib. (Inside family story.)
And now, for a final recap:
Race: The Good Life Halfsy
Where: Lincoln, Nebraska
Date: Sunday, October 29, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Weather: Insanely cold and windy
Distance: 13.1 miles / 21 kilometers
Performance: 3:14:12 or 14:48/mile
Also, my office Halloween costume tomorrow muahaha.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." -2 Timothy 4:7