8.10.2017

None Like You

This 25th year of mine has been extremely exciting and extremely mundane at the same time, with the mundane preferred over the excitement at times.

The first half of the year has greeted me with many disappointing realities of life; realities like broken relationships, unmet expectations, being stuck in the same spot, and sheer loneliness. Not that any of them happened to me.

Just kidding. They all happened, some of which are still happening.

But as I walk through them all and keep my feet from fleeing as they are always wont to do, God has greeted me with many wonderful realities of life, too; realities like the pleasure I find in my work, family and friends who voluntarily stick with me through the seasons, my awkward but sure growth from the sorrows, and, the most real thing of all, His sufficiency for me. The Bible does not kid when it quotes God as saying, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I stopped keeping track of how many times I have already messed up, but it would be even harder for me to keep track of how many times God's grace has rushed over me like a torrent. There is none like Him.

Remember these things, O Jacob,
    and Israel, for you are my servant;
I formed you; you are my servant;
    O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.
I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud
    and your sins like mist;
return to me, for I have redeemed you.
-Isaiah 44:21-22

No comments: