3.27.2017

A Surrendered Will

The past few weeks have gone by rather slowly, and rather painfully. I have struggled to find the words to speak with God, to be a part of the church, to remain true before others, and to let endurance grow. Just recently finding out that the possibility of staying in Lincoln is now much higher for me than I previously thought, I am once again gripped with fear, frustration, and rage. I know that my God is faithful and good, and only the best will come from following Him. But sometimes, my messy emotions and auto-repeated thoughts can drown this promise out. While every fiber of my being desires to flee, all my soul can do is say, "Yet I want Your will above mine."

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." -James 1:2-3

No comments: