7.12.2014

Last Month Home

Once again, time has caught me off guard, and I am left with my last day of internship on Monday. In His true fashion, God has again blown me away with His incredible faithfulness and tender grace throughout the past 3 months. I will certainly miss having my mother pick my outfit-of-the-day, contributing to the rush hour traffic, napping in the car, not having homework, chips and nuts on Thursdays, and, mostly, the people at the office. Although I only know a handful, they are the reason I leave work everyday thanking my God.

Rewinding to my Australian adventure in mid-June, the two weeks spent there were filled with blessings so intense that all I could do was praise God day and night. I was already bursting with joy the first week there from celebrating my cousin sister's graduation, chatting with my mother and aunt about matters of the heart, and eating exceptionally delicious cuisine.

Then God decided to shower even more blessings the second week by bringing my brother over from New Zealand. After 2 and a half years of not meeting him, I was and still am so overwhelmed by God's goodness in enabling me to see him thrice since 2014 began. Needless to say, especially with it being winter in Australia, it felt like Christmas all over again. More fun ensued with his arrival, and we got to hang out in the city, try onesies to boost our coolness level, ride the harbour jet boat ride, play card games 'til 3 a.m., and pretty much be kids again. Heehee.

I have a little less than a month before my time at home is up. My mostly updated calendar tells me that most of my remaining days are filled with health check-ups, mini-vacations, and catch-up sessions with dear people.

Admittedly, I am both excited and fearful as I walk into another new season in life. But if I have learned anything from the past 3.5 years in Lincoln, it is that God will surely see me through both the good and the trying times. And life with Him is indeed amazing.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

No comments: