6.01.2014

Midpoint

It's June!

Two months of internship have come and gone, and two months remain before I head back to the States. A lot of ordinary things have been happening, yet God has been using them in extraordinary measures in my life.

This past week has been more eventful than usual. At work, we got to celebrate and appreciate a dear colleague who was moving on to a greater work adventure. I also had the wonderful pleasure of knowing more colleagues beyond just their names. I treasured every conversation over lunch, dinner, at the pantry, and even by the restroom sink. A highlight of highlights in the week was the day I ate a jar of salad for lunch in my half-hearted attempt to be healthy. 'Half-hearted' because I finished a plate of deep-fried squid later that same day for dinner. Round Two resumes this next week as I've already placed my order in for a jar of salad.

Outside of work, I got to hang out with my parents like they were my uber-cool teenage friends. What a privilege it was to freely and unhurriedly spend time with family. I also got to catch up with a dear friend and mentor today over an exquisite meal of pancakes. I left feeling encouraged and refreshed as I mulled over her words of wisdom and her honorable choices all these years while walking closely with God.

I am thankful for reminders every day of God's goodness and faithfulness through the people around me. It has truly become one of my life's greatest joys: People. I think my 19-year-old severely introverted self would keel over from shock if she were to find out about this then. But I have since learned that God is more than able to stretch, shape, and strengthen one's character. And one's appetite, too, for that matter! All that is needed is just several doses of willingness, humility, and trust.

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." -James 3:17

No comments: