5.01.2014

One Month

Today is a holiday, and exactly a month since I began my internship. There is much I have been learning about myself, about those around me, and about God's incredible faithfulness. Oh, and a whole lot about the market, too. (Not the one with food.)

Some of the best things God has been teaching me this past month are: 1) Jesus alone is my sufficiency, not my performance, colleagues' approval, or scope of my knowledge; and 2) Love trumps wisdom, because there is no use to me in being smart, but unloving.

I am thankful for both the good days and bad days, and that God has been providing me with many opportunities to love, serve, and get to know my colleagues better. Just like I had mentioned on my first day, it is pretty amazing to live in an answered prayer. Or prayers, rather.

Later this month, I will have a new companion to journey with in this internship: my cousin brother. God's ways and thoughts are far far better than anything I could ever conceive, and I am in awe of His goodness. Just when I thought this internship couldn't get any better, God surprises me with even more good things.

I am eager to spend these next few months walking humbly with my God, and spending time with people who bless my heart immensely.

P/S: Pardon me for the extreme cheesiness in this post. I couldn't help it! I tried, believe me.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." -Philippians 4:8

No comments: