2.25.2014

Life Lately

Despite not working (full-time) or schooling, the past few weeks have been crazier than fiction. And that's saying something because there have been some pretty crazy things happening in the books I've been reading.

Resuming from where I last blogged, I had the privilege of worshiping God at my Malaysian church with my sisters in Christ whom I had first met at my Lincoln church. It was so refreshing to listen about what God has been doing in each other lives -plenty- and to have food and fellowship -two of my favorite things. It had also been a while since I last prayed with them, and I was so blessed to be able to lift up our burdens to the LORD together. They are now spending their lives for Jesus in China. It would be a dream to serve alongside them once again. But God has other dreams for me here, for now.

Shortly after this time, my father came home with a second-hand car and said that it was mine. Is God good? All the time. Valentine's Day came after that and my mother received news of her cousin's passing. The following week, I received news of a dear friend's mother's passing. Both lost their battles to cancer. And just last night, my cousin's grandfather also passed away. It has not only been crazy these past couple of weeks, but incredibly sobering, too. God has been reminding me that although every one of my days is recorded in His book, I need to learn to number my days and spend them wisely, too.

In other happier news, my brother will be arriving home tomorrow! It has been over 3 years since he last came home, and I feel like God is giving me a two Christmases this year. His 10-day vacation at home will go by quickly, but I am thrilled to have him staying just three steps away from me (distance from my bedroom door to his).

I must also highlight the days I have been able to spend with my best friend since being home. It was one of the many joys I had looked forward to as I prepared to return. As unconventional as this may sound, she happens to be my perfect Valentine. Ever since we started maturing -around age 17, I reckon- she has always made it a point to bless me and show me that she cares for me on Valentine's Day, despite having a Valentine of her own. This year was no different. Nearing the end of the day, she dropped by with two beautiful cupcakes -one with Mr. Spongebob's face, and one with a flower. You may have heard the "Awwwwwwwww" I reacted with all the way at your end.

Apart from the aforementioned, other note-worthy things include my parents getting hooked (big-time) on Bejeweled, and God laying it on my heart to start praying for my possible, maybe, future family. Oh, and an interview next week at a college to be a Math lecturer. And, I got to make 2 new (and sweet) friends yesterday while helping my friend prepare >3000 newsletters at the OM Malaysia office. Life with God? Never boring, I tell ya!

No comments: