2.02.2014

Full Circle

I'm back. Home, I mean.

Much has happened since I last dusted the cobwebs off this blog. And since I think it would be a crime to forget some of the beautiful things that have occurred, I decided to put the memories into recorded words and blast them off into the World Wide Web, i.e., this blog. Only a fraction of the memories, though, because writing about the entire past year could fill a book.

I am now 22 and a half, and I have just completed my undergraduate stint. At first, it felt a little funny not having to attend classes or hand in assignments anymore, but I quickly got used to it and now have no problems sleeping in every morning. It was certainly time for this brain to retire temporarily from academia.

Two days after graduation, I left Nebraska and many incredible people with a heavy but full heart. The last 3 years and a half definitely made for quite the ride, and God has brought me through a great many things. I am most thankful for two lessons learnt: 1) that Jesus Christ is the best, and 2) the cure to my morbid perfectionism is simply...grace. I now know what it means to be loved without reservation, condition, or condemnation. This love of Christ is Amazing.

Within a week of leaving the States, I came home, left home, and arrived in good-lookin' New Zealand. It was the first time that my family -all 4 of us- was together in the same place since 2010, and my dad took the words right out of my mouth when he said, "This time, it's special." And it was. We saw many mountains and drove many miles and visited many eateries and bickered over many things throughout January, and not a morning would go by that I didn't wake up with a smile on my face. Except, perhaps, for that one night when I stayed up late reading and had to wake up early to catch a flight the next day. And one other night, too.

Although 2013 has come and gone, and nothing was posted here throughout that year, a lot happened. And I think a lot more will continue to happen. A verse from the Bible that has been on my mind and heart since I graduated is from Ephesians 2:10, which says, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I don't know where I go from here, but I am super duper excited to serve the King of all kings -whether the task proves to be glamorous or not. (Most likely, not.)

This next week is Cousin Week in my calendar, and I will be partying with my dear cousin sisters all week long. And when I say 'partying,' the party-goers here will probably consist of books, movies, crafts, and food. It will be an enormously good time fo' sho'.

Before I sign off, I just want to say, thank you, Jesus, for Your faithfulness throughout the stormiest seas. Life with You is indeed abundant.

No comments: