1.02.2012

Faithwalking

The last few days of 2011 and the first few days of 2012 have been highly eventful because God is always full of surprises.

The Faithwalkers conference in Omaha was nothing short of rewarding and I am thankful that God showed up in far too many ways -one of which was through the invaluable counsel a pastor-slash-geologist blessed me with. I am still reeling over God's goodness and gentleness.

The day after I got back from the conference, my relatives and I hit the freeway in search of something fun to do outside of Lincoln. Since the Strategic Air and Space Museum which we had initially planned to visit was closed for the holidays, we decided to embark on our own mini excursion in the Eugene T. Mahoney State Park. I concede that I have now developed a greater respect for Nebraska.

Night came and we invited a friend over for dinner. Once we were done scarfing down the exquisite food on the table, we decided to play a nifty card game for about two hours before toasting to the new year with cans of 7 Up. 'Twas a great night.

The morning of January the first arrived all too quickly and I jumped out of bed to head to church. I reminisced about the exact same moment last year -when I was running away from God- and marveled at the very moment I was in this year -when I was and still am running to God. There has been much He has seen me through. I am thankful. And more.

Afternoon rolled around and I fell ill. After much resting in the evening, I was still feeling unwell. I eventually felt better after a round of the card game with my relatives. It is really quite a sight to watch a family -mother, father and son- try their level best to sabotage each other. I am convinced that the most amusing part of every game is the unleashing of every player's true self. 

It is now the night of January the second and we have just finished yet another round of the card game. The winner would have to prepare dinner tomorrow. Everyone is going to have to make do with instant noodles...as it is one of my favorites. Heehee.

Off to bed!

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom." -Psalm 145:3

No comments: