1.19.2012

All Shapes and Sizes

To be blessed is to have extraordinary friends who call my mother on her birthday, make plans to take her out for brunch and stress on what (food-related) present to get her.

To be blessed is to have my cousin brother preparing dinner with me in the kitchen and telling me enthralling stories about his childhood right after dinner.

To be blessed is to have a Math professor who took ten minutes out of precious class time to tell us that it is alright to feel stupid and to get us acquainted with math humor and math maturity.

To be blessed is to have a Geology professor whose ridiculous excitement for rain drops splattering on a muddy surface is beyond comparison.

To be blessed is to be praying for something as simple as a ride and to be receiving a call (offering a ride) fifteen minutes before the appointed time.

To be blessed is to be passed a sweet note from a beautiful sister in Christ with an invitation to our upcoming "secret club"...and to be given the nickname Schnazzlefrazz.

To be blessed is to have the dear company of my uncle and aunt who loved me as their own.

To be blessed is to have my thoughts, intentions and actions admonished by the Man Upstairs.

To be blessed is to have family and friends I miss everyday, and yet have family and friends right in my midst.

To be blessed is to be given the doubting of my own plan and the assurance of God's plan.

To be blessed is to have faith that God's hands are moving, and to be given the opportunity to witness it.

To be blessed is to have the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).

God has been good.

4 comments:

Adeline Lum said...

And I am very blessed to have you!! =D

Justine said...

Likewise!!! :D

Faiz said...

To be blessed is to have a dear friend like you in my life, and despite the distance, remain close as ever.

:)

Justine said...

Aw, friend! :') Miss you dearly!!!