6.14.2011

The Maker

Today, I had a pretty good afternoon spending time with two jolly good friends who probably made more sounds than the action-packed movie we were watching. I also had a pretty good evening spending time with my mother at the night market and with sisters in Christ at the church.

It has finally dawned on me, perhaps a little too late, that if my entire Summer back home was spent on the internship I was so bent on pursuing instead of spending time with precious people God has blessed me with, I probably would have missed out on all these daily little joys that light up my every day. It's true that God takes something good out of our grasps to replace it with something great and beyond compare. I am glad He gives and He takes as He knows best...because He loves best; hard a lesson as it is to learn sometimes.

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:9

No comments: