5.12.2011

(Per)mission to Chill

I woke up this morning with a huge grin on my face all thanks to my dearly missed bolsters which accompanied me in my sleep. After lunch, which also made me grin widely, my parents and I left for my father's appointment with his chiropractor. My mother then made the chiropractor examine my upper torso since she had noticed how my right shoulder appeared to be lower than my left one. Oy. I eventually left with the knowledge of two arm exercising techniques and a pair of (cool) corrective slippers. Interesting stuff.

When we finally got back in the evening, I had the pleasant opportunity of Skyping with my brother and we blabbered for forty-five minutes about churches around the world, food hygiene, flying for God, cultural differences, KFC's Double Down and vacation plans. The highlight of the entire video conversation was the part where he showed me the sole of his lovely foot and I showed him one side of the pair of corrective slippers I had just gotten. Fun stuff.

Somehow, as the day progressed, the plans I had written down as mental notes long before setting foot on Malaysian soil got bludgeoned into irreparable pieces. Although I decided to give them to God just last night, I tightened my grip on said plans all too quickly when I couldn't see how the new ones would be beneficial based on my very limited understanding. There was and maybe still is much I fear when a NASA-funded Martian research project and an internship for a newspaper get dangled right in front of me one moment and immediately get snatched out of my grasp the next. And become replaced with vacation plans instead.

But God knows best and He sees the bigger picture I cannot yet see. I am not too sure if He really wants me to spend my time back home traveling -in the presence of phenomenal people, no less- instead of investing a little in my future, or perhaps something else entirely. But I think He had all the seasons of my life laid out even before I was born. 'Tis the season to travel, I suppose. Clearly, I need to learn how to chill.

Looking forward to...each day that comes!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: