4.04.2011

An Overflow

Today was a very blessed day, as is every other day. I woke up to an encouraging email reply from a dear uncle which made my day. With only one class for the day, I struggled to walk against the insane wind and try not to get lifted up -though it would be sweet if that actually happened. Although my face didn't look too happy with my hair mercilessly smacking it every nanosecond, I was internally overjoyed. Because the torrential wind today had felt absolutely incredible.

I had also invited a precious friend from both my Geology classes and yet another precious friend over for a Malaysian dinner tonight and so I got to chopping certain food items in the afternoon before launching into my homework. Evening came and I began cooking. Needless to say, all three of us had a splendid time talking not only about the sort of things you share with someone of a different culture, but we also got to talking about oil rigs (where she works at back at her hometown), mental disabilities, books and bridesmaid dresses. Well, all the diabolical and deep conversations transpired between the two of them while I mostly listened...and ate. Oy.

Other than that, many bits and pieces of the day (mostly people-related) filled my heart -and tummy. My cup hath runneth over with implicit love from Above. God is good(eth).

No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life. -2 Timothy 2:4

2 comments:

The Red Raccoon said...

I like the part when you wished you got lifted up by the wind. XD Hilarious! That happened to me when I was younger. I was wearing a huge sweater and it acted as a kite. Well, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blogs and I hope you write more soon!

Justine said...

Heyya, thanks so much for dropping a comment! I really appreciate it. =) I hope to write more soon as well! Perhaps in the next week or so, when school finally lets out! :D