9.27.2010

The Other Side of Down*

Amidst all the kvetching, stressing and moping, amazing things have happened. And since my blogging juice supply is at an all-time low now, I am resorting to posting in parts yet again. Forgive me.

Part One - Had my first Geology exam today in which there were 63 questions to be answered in 50 minutes. How amazing...ly uncool.

Part Two - Received a marvelous package from the cousin sisters. In it were an excellent miniature model of my bedroom back home and a personalized Zhoo-Steen bag stuffed with plane- and SpongeBob-related items. I was rendered speechless and still am every time I stare at them with utmost wonder and joy.

Part Three - Turned 19 in the presence of fabulous food and incredible friends. Almost couldn't believe my eyes -and nose- after I was let out of the room I was trapped in for what felt like hours. The home-cooked nasi lemak was, needless to say, the most satiable meal I have ever had since setting foot on American soil. My frenzied dreams involving nasi lemak can lay to rest now.

Part Four - Life here has been improving tremendously thanks to two dear friends who make everyday a day to look forward to. My roommate has also been sharing my dreaded thoughts about the food at the dining hall. Family and friends back home have been making the effort to keep up with what has been going on over at this end. Cousin sisters have been wonderfully and delightfully thoughtful. There is much to be happy about.

Part Five - I fear that this blog loathes me as much as I loathe myself for abandoning it so often. My non-existent blogging skills have become even more non-existent and I hang my head in shame. I think it must be the whole wheat bread I have been having. That, or the baby carrots.

End of ridiculously pointless post.

*Befitting title of post borrowed from title of new album by The Artist.

3 comments:

Ikitron said...

this blog loathes you! Make it happy by changing your layout xD

p.s Feels like I'm checking out a circus -_-

Mindy said...

The nasi lemak will be better next time, i promise...

Justine said...

Ikhsan, this layout EXUDES happiness yo! The circus is full of joy and all things nice, no??? Even though I hate it. :)

Thank you, Mindy! The next time really WAS better! :D