6.15.2010

A Day of Many Frustrations

Today was a bit of an, for lack of a better word, emotional day. I went from feeling restless to frustrated to exhausted to frantic to annoyed to increasingly annoyed to insanely annoyed to helpless to nostalgic to hungry and back to restless again. Huh.

The day began very early when my phone rang in the wee hours of the morning at 8AM. A friend wanted to deliver copies of the books he had written recently because my mother wanted to bless a few lovely people with it. Needless to say, I didn't bother getting out of my pajamas when he dropped by because sleep was always more important than not scaring someone with my bedhead.

After that, I went back to sleep for another couple of hours and woke up in the afternoon. Then I edgily walked from the TV room to the living room to the kitchen to my bedroom in under five minutes. Then I proceeded to check my application/admission status over at my student portal at the University of Wisconsin-Madison every ten minutes -no kidding. But, fortunately and unfortunately, the status hasn't changed. Yet. The day is only just kicking off over at Wisconsin and I am trying my very best to be patient over here in Malaysia. Another friend, who is also anxiously awaiting a reply, and I are keeping each other posted -of the non-existent updates- even though exasperation is slowly chipping away our coherent train of thoughts.

Sometime after my 125th time seeing the words "Check back here for updates on your application status", I decided to kill time by being productive. I attempted cleaning my room. It turned out to be quite a futile attempt because my room was pervaded with every possible junk there is...but said junk cannot be discarded. Reason being every one of them has a specific memory attached to it and thus, making them priceless. Aiiee! After doing a lot of staring at all the things I am greatly blessed with and not a lot of actual organizing, I considered removing all the storybooks on all four tiers of my bookshelf and rearranging them. Then I reconsidered and thought better of it. It will probably take me days; especially if I want to be pedantic about it -because then I would arrange the three hundred books or so according to height, thickness, cover (hardback or paperback) and awesomeness. And doing so while I am refraining from screaming out in frustration doesn't seem to be the best idea.

Amidst the cleaning -if you can even call it that- I dug out a bunch of cards I had kept since high school. Most, say two, were from my cherished English teacher. But the most I had were from my best friend. As I read the cards not for the first time, I felt my heart tug for the first time. It's been a while since I last saw her since she is now abroad. And saying that I miss her a great deal would be an understatement. I miss her so very much. The cards also got me reminiscing a lot because she had also mentioned the most poignant things in our fourteen-year-old friendship. I can't help but praise God for being in the middle of it because there were many times when we were younger when we almost called it quits because of silly reasons we laugh about now. There are not many people whom I really cannot imagine life -past, present and future- without, and she is one of them. I can hardly wait for next month to arrive.

After that temporary bout of sadness and longing, I watched a very nifty video which made me envy Americans living in America. Oy. Said video is this, a show called Cupcake Wars premiering in the States today. My tummy cries out in agony. I am reminded of my cousin sister, who will be my accomplice in our very own Cupcake War -with the baking powder, that is- once her exams are done with. Here's hoping that day will eventually arrive. Ha-ha.

I think I may have ranted more than usual today. Aiyaya. Checking the student portal again now...

Over and out.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

we need a another *teenage-angst-release* session. take care jestin yo! just felt like dropping a comment to remind you that i care. can't wait to meet up. :)

Justine said...

Joyce!!! Thank you so much for letting me know that you care. It really made me feel a whole lot better. Likewise. =) It's been too long since we last caught up with each other. Hehe. Hope the next meet-up is soon. :)