5.09.2010

My Saving Grace

To the woman who refused to answer my relentless question of who she loved more between my brother and me (boo my 5-ish-year-old self!)...

To the woman who kept a cane at four different areas in the house many years ago...and caned me whenever I told a lie...

To the woman who never asked what my test results were because she trusted me enough to be at complete peace with what I deserved; be it good or bad...

To the woman who had Facebook and Skype long before I did...

To the woman who loved me enough to force me to eat all the vegetables on my plate since I was able to chew until this very day...

To the woman who drove me and my friends for a late-night movie in the midst of a very important exam to let us have a bit of a break...and drove us around many other times for great outings...

To the woman who gets genuinely as excited as I am with anything related to David Archuleta...and bought fourteen copies of his Christmas album to bless friends and family...

To the woman who was never nonplussed in the least bit nor showed any sign of sympathy when I lamented and kvetched about my college woes because she knew I always had the Man Upstairs by my side...

To the woman who forwarded an insane amount of emails regarding what I should or shouldn't eat, what I should or shouldn't do in the event of a theft, what I should or shouldn't do when traveling alone, what I should or shouldn't do -you get the picture- for my safety and nothing else...well, maybe for the relief of her paranoia...

To the woman who always had a headache trying to figure out what to get for lunch and dinner because I was -and still am- a very fastidious eater...

To the woman whom the majority of my friends refer to as cool and hip...

To the woman who ages gracefully every day and always looks like a superstar...

To the woman who did nothing short of a fantastic job raising my brother and yours truly...

To the woman who is my number one fan, friend on Facebook and follower on Twitter, Tumblr and this blog (oy)...

To the woman who taught me honesty, trust, compassion, forgiveness, strength, faith, wisdom, grace and the greatest of them all -the power of God...

To the woman who married my father...

To the woman who is my mother...a very blessed mother's day to you. You deserve all this -and so much more. Thanks for being the rock in the Yeo family.

2 comments:

Olivia NLC said...

*like :D

Justine said...

Thank you! Hehe. =)