3.15.2010

Rant #72846

Today was an achingly long day. I spent nine painful hours in college and every passing minute had seemed to last for one hour. I tried to sleep early last night since I had to donate blood today...or so I had thought. But just like every other time I try to sleep early, I end up tossing on the bed for two solid hours before finally falling asleep. I woke up this morning feeling sleep-deprived and drove to college in a dazed state.

When it was time to donate my blood, I went for the mandatory mini-check-up before being granted the permission to donate. After my finger was pricked and my blood type was identified, I proceeded to see the doctor stationed there. The health interview was going well when I apprised her of the coughs I've been having for a month now and the antibiotics I am currently on. And that became the end of my non-existent stint as a blood donor. Pshaw.

After the devastating news that my blood wasn't donor-worthy, I had close to three hours to kill before the Mathlogic quiz a friend had cajoled me into participating began. Thirty minutes before the quiz was about to commence, the editor and lecturer-in-charge broke some startling (albeit good) news to me regarding the future of the magazine...which seems unlikely at the moment. Oh man. When it was time to enter the classroom to sit for the quiz, my uneasiness culminated and my fears became realized. The quiz had certainly lived up to its name and most, if not all, questions were logic-based. Logic and I have never been great friends. It would have gone disastrously if it weren't for my two very capable groupmates.

I reached home at 6PM and went straight to work on the second round of my university applications. I am emotionally, mentally and physically drained right now. A midterm and a quiz are coming up in a few days' time and I can spare almost no time to prepare for my next tutoring session. I could definitely use at least thirty hours in a day this week because honestly, my college life is just so uncool right now. I repeat, just so uncool.

But in making the effort to see the light in this time of darkness, I am still very much grateful that I have an education in the first place to kvetch about. College in itself is a blessing, but the unendurable amount of woes that college bring...are blessings in disguise.

It is barely 10PM but I am going to hit the sack now. I am done worrying for today. My worries for tomorrow will just have to wait.

P/S: In lieu of all the (exaggerated) mental agony that I am going through right now, I almost forgot about one great piece of news that made my day: getting back my World Religion midterm paper which I had stressed so much over that I thought I was better off handing an empty piece of paper. Thankfully, I didn't. I rejoice in He who provides. One down, 324798 to go.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: