1.21.2010

T is for Tragedy

Today in Sociology, we had a heated discussion over a non-existent future husband who may or may not like photography and the reasons behind it that may or may not affect a non-existent future marriage. After an hour of groping for understanding and sanity, the topic came to gender inequalities and I had something I really wanted to say. Since the lecturer adopted an interactive teaching method, speaking your mind out was very much encouraged. A few students were speaking their thoughts aloud on the subject as I tried to muster enough courage to open my mouth. After a few minutes, my courage culminated and there were butterflies in my stomach as I opened my mouth to say...nothing. Just as I was about to blurt out my thoughts, a classmate broke in and said exactly what I had intended to say. I don't know why I deflated a bit instead of rejoice like I usually would since I didn't have to speak up.

Post-college, I was on the verge of catching a movie on my own because I desperately needed to sit in front of a humongous screen with deafening speakers under the freezing air-conditioning. Then my obligation as a daughter made me call my mother to tell her about it. Of course, after the call, I wasn't allowed to go watch the movie on my own because it was unsafe. And I was spared from being more of a loser than I already am. Psh. In the end, I went to the mall alone anyway, had Japanese for lunch and tried to make sense of what Sociology is all about via the textbook. Sweet. Pathetically sweet.

When I got home, I slept because for some inexplicable reason, I didn't have homework today. Then I got up and read a book so haunting I think the reader in me is slightly scarred right now. Today was a bit of a tragic day...but no complaints. Because it wasn't even remotely close to how tragic the life of the character of the book was; even if it was fiction. Oy.

4 comments:

Faiz said...

Blogging everyday now huh?
The blogger in you didn't die off afterall.
:)

Hope you're OK.

Justine said...

Hahaha. The blogger in me has never died! She just got too preoccupied with other stuff. But now that she's beyond bored... :P

andre said...

all will be well justine
hope you are fine

Justine said...

Andre, all's good! Thank you. =)