1.26.2010

No Sleep Tonight

Today in Sociology, I was hit with the stunning revelation that society is an inescapable grasp securing me -and almost everyone else- in place, and that we are all miniscule parts of an invisible whole shaping our every decision and thought. I am horrified, and in denial at the moment.

Since I didn't have homework today -but a possible Microeconomics quiz tomorrow- I decided to nap when I got home. I thought it would be impossible for me to get even ten minutes of shut-eye since I had tried that yesterday despite being so insanely tired but couldn't seem to hit the off button in my head. But boy was I wrong. I slept for a solid five hours while it rained and thundered outside.

When I woke up, it felt like morning but it was already dinner time. The first news my mother told me was that my uncle had been hospitalized due to cardiac problems. Then both my parents went to visit him at the hospital while I stayed at home and slaved for the quiz tomorrow. My level of suckitude has reached yet another zenith.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting up with my best friend and another dear friend at the mall. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: