12.29.2009

Last of the Good Days

Today was an exceptionally productive day. Exceptionally because I can't remember the last time I've been remotely productive. I had a few errands to run today so my mother and I left for my college first thing in the morning. I collected my certified and translated high school transcripts, settled the issue with my scholarship, paid the tuition fee for next semester, requested for a letter of deferment for the hell hole that is my unattended National Service training, got information on the orientation duty a few friends and I are supposed to conduct, and best of all, collected my gloriously sweet pay for my six-day work as a student ambassador. And it's about time I treated my family to a nice dinner.

After doing all the aforementioned, my mother and I decided to hit the mall for lunch and to chill. Then we visited the bookstore and I got the book I vowed never to get in this post. I am going to have to punish myself now by poking a fork in my eye. Oh boy.

I am glad I accomplished a few tasks today, trivial as they may seem. But despite doing so much amidst my hectic schedule of nothingness, I still have a googilian things to do before I am able to send out my applications to the U.S. universities. And I am very much on the brink of giving up. And the one reason why I feel like doing so is to avoid writing the tear-inducing statement essays. I suck. Because a) I am too boring, uninteresting and uninspired to write anything worthy in the essay; and therefore b) I don't even want to get started on the statement essays; thus leading to the ascertained conclusion that c) I suck.

Christmas was fantastic, but only because I got to spend it with my family. I am looking forward to the New Year celebration which is around the corner though it will be slightly bittersweet because this would be the second time in a row that we are ushering in the new year without my brother. But I am happy that he is going to celebrate the new year this time with good friends at an awesome place, and without any silly, stupid, nonsensical, very silly, very stupid and very nonsensical heartbreak like he did last year.

My cousin sister will be coming over tomorrow for a sleepover before we all head to our holiday destination for the New Year. I am stoked!

No comments: