7.20.2009

My "Little" Yellow Friend

Today was a brilliant day. Although I had to wake up insanely early (9AM) to leave for the city with my mother and brother, I didn't grumble (much) because it was probably the first or second time I've gotten up in the morning instead of the afternoon since the holidays began. After forty minutes of my brother's life-threateningly mad driving, we arrived at our destination. We had lunch at McDonald's before spending an unbelievably long time (more than an hour) at the watch shop. When we finally left the place with a few awesome watches, we decided to go back home.

On the way back to the car, the best thing of the day happened to me. We passed by an interesting shop selling wholesale toys and lo and behold, a gigantic SpongeBob SquarePants was seated by the window, earnestly calling my name and beckoning me to own it. I stopped in my tracks and said (Read: squealed) the first thing that came to my mind, "SpongeBob!" My brother and mother weren't the only ones who witnessed my childish reaction since there were a few other people outside the shop, too. My brother, mother and I went into the shop to inquire about the yellow dude and discovered that one humongous soft toy can actually pay for one semester's library and computer fee in my college. The happiness died right at that moment.

We (Read: I) left the shop solemnly and the people outside were staring at us -hard. Before we finally departed from the front of the shop though, my brother decided to take a picture of the huge desirable yellow sponge and called me at the last minute to turn to the camera. Now, I am not one who relishes posting pictures of oneself at one's own blog. At all. Not in the least bit. Never ever ever ever -you get the point. But I am going to make this one an exception. Because the picture is probably the only lasting memory I will ever have of the discovery of the greatest SpongeBob SquarePants on Earth. Or at least, in the country. Or at least, in the state.

What went through my mind: "I want it, I want it, I want it." What a kid. Oy.

P/S: I am not insane...just in need of some cartoon soft toy therapy.

9 comments:

drey said...

/pat
:D

Justine said...

:D

Faiz said...

Justine!
Obsessed!
Why don't you place a link of your blog on FB?
Its interesting you know!

Justine said...

Faiz! Fancy seeing you here in the comments section! Haha. Thanks for dropping a comment. =)

There is a link of my blog. It's only hidden. Haha. So only really bored people who click here and there on my FB profile will get to find it. :P

drey said...

WEIH!!!! LOVE UR BLOG HEADER!!!!! :D:D

Justine said...

Thank you! =)

Kiki said...

IT'S HUMONGOUS!

Faiz said...

Your welcome Justine!
"Me, the humans and plastic".
Interesting!
=)

Justine said...

Jo Lin, YES IT IS!!! :D

Faiz, heheh, there is a story behind the title of my blog. But it is an incredibly lame one. So anyway, that's how the title came about. Haha. :P And thanks for posting a SECOND time! Shocker. Hehe. =)