4.04.2009

Week of Firsts

The week has been unbelievably tiresome but oddly fantastic (to me). The week has also been a week of many firsts. It was my first time:

- Singing in front of a crowd (of college students). It was for the sake of winning showcase passes for my mother and a friend, but I didn't win them in the end. The day no longer exists in my memory.

- Wearing a formal dress, with formal pants (for convenience's sake since the formal dress was a bit short in length. Note that I am internally cringing as I type this).

- Wearing a floral dress. Without pants. (Note that I am outwardly cringing as I type this.)

- Wearing a floral dress with a lab coat and a Santa hat and a pair of shades. Simultaneously. (Note that I have passed out but am still able to type this, somehow.)

- Passing my driving test. Shockingly. I nearly drove into a pole and the car died as I drove at the roundabout. But God had truly blessed me with a gracious examiner.

- Missing. A. Scholarship. Interview. Inadvertently.

- Praying for someone and laid my hand on said someone. A new experience. And hopefully the first of many more.

- Missing an assignment deadline. I scurried to complete it while the class had already begun, did the most horrible presentation of the semester and was told, "Well done." by the lecturer. I think my confusion showed on my face as I went back to my seat.

- Fasting a whole month on a certain type of food. And it was not an easy feat but I did it. I just had to work on doing it for the right reasons.

- Culling apples because of their redness. It was part of the student council campaign and the situation was bizarre. Enough said.

- Taking a picture while being midair.

- Willingly going to the gym. With my mother.

- Taking an uninterrupted 4-hour nap.

- Having a Cell Group at my house.

- Correcting a college lecturer and being told, “You are right.” and “Thank you for correcting me.” I have been feeling mighty guilty for the past 4 hours. And utterly foolish.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

have u been working out?

Anonymous said...

Hahah. Well. You'd assume going to the gym would entail some form of work out. Feel the burn. 1. 2. Smile ladies!

Azngeek

Justine said...

Kiki: Haha. What a question. Nope. I worked out. Note the past tense. Hahaha. :D

Azngeek: The iPod is a good tool to bring to the gym. Haha.