2.01.2009

Devastating Defeat

Today, the world mourns over the defeat of a worthy tennis player in the Australian Open finals to the One Who Needs New Pants. OK, maybe not the world, per se. But a household. Or two. Or a thousand. The finals, as predicted, was extremely excruciating to watch. I think the whole neighborhood could hear the intermittent cries of agony from my mostly peaceful family and my cousin brothers who live next door amidst the match. We (my family and my cousin brothers' families) had to leave for dinner at some point during the match and had to survive on live updates from the Internet via my brother's phone. It was doubly excruciating. All of us had completely lost our appetite and waited in silence for the horrible end to transpire. A world record could've been challenged tonight. But that thought is now out the window. Please excuse us for we are grieving at the moment. If there is one question we could ask the supposed-to-be winner, it would be, "Why?"

In other news, I realized that I don't deal well with change and actually relished being bored with the monotony of my schooling days. This week, much like every other week, has flown by rapidly and college begins tomorrow. In retrospect, I have spent the week reading, sleeping in the middle of the night, reading, waking up in the afternoon, reading and exterminating the ants that have begun to inhabit my room. Spent my time wisely, I have not.

Now, I shall cry myself to sleep.

6 comments:

R said...

I think the One that Needs New Pants need to get new boxes as well. he can always get the similar ones as Serena William's.....

Justine said...

Hahahahahaha! Thanks for providing a good laugh. I really needed it. :D

R said...

The pleasure is all mine. One the reason why I mooted for a Federer win is 'cos I cant stand Nadal's irritating habit of tugging and adjusting his rear shorts every single time he is about to serve...maybe without this "ritual" he might actually not be able to play.....yeah?!

Justine said...

Agreed, wholeheartedly and completely. Haha.

By the way, may I know who you are, R? :)

R said...

Federer's fan!!
Potentially Verdasco if he keeps up his momentum!!

Justine said...

Perfect answer! :D

If Verdasco has the capability to knock the One Who Needs New Pants and Boxers out, then I will consider being a fan. Haha. But really, I'm for Federer all the way. Best sportsman I've ever come across. It was heartbreaking to watch him tear up like that since he is always the last to display any emotions whatsoever. Oh well... I trust that he will regain his reigning spot...in time! :)