1.05.2009

The Ol' Gang

Yesterday, my cousin sister and I went to the mall with my parents. We both had the same mission. But it was unaccomplished. No biggie. There is always next time. Although we both walked until our legs were sore, I had a wonderful time with my cousin sister. It felt really nice to be with someone I am comfortable with and someone who shares the same college concerns as I do. And it felt really nice to spend quality cousin-time with her.

Today was my second day of college (orientation). I had the pleasant opportunity to catch up with a few of my high school friends who are studying at the main campus -I study at the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) building- and we all chatted over a nice cup of hot drink at the coffee shop nearby before orientation began. I felt right at home with them and had an excellent time in the company of good friends. I hope I get to do this more often because they are always dearly missed.

A very riotous and unbelievably insensitive lecturer gave us a lengthy oration on the American education system and all things vulgar. Although I wasn't too fond of the obscenities that seemed to fly out of his mouth every ten seconds, I had a fantastic time laughing at his brutal honesty until my tummy ached.

In a nutshell, today was better. Much better.

No comments: