9.08.2008

Ribbon-wrapped Post

Today, among several other days, is a special day of the year. It is the birthday of an awesome human being.

Said human being is the one who was my partner in child crimes; who remembered all my absurd childhood dreams and decided to tattle them at the wrong moment -now- but all is forgiven; who is both my confidant and confidee -if there is such a word; who plays a huge role in my wardrobe department; who sits beside me in just about every family dinner; who tolerates my quirks more patiently than most people do; who is the reason this blog exists in the first place; who I trust with my life. She is my cousin sister.

If there is one thing I envy about her, it's her big heart and warm personality. (OK, those are actually two.) After growing up with her for almost 17 years now, I can honestly say that she is good through and through. And that makes her as rare as the book I've been trying to locate for eons now. (I later discovered that it is not sold in the country. D'oh! But I digress.) I truly believe that she brings joy to the lives of the people around her, unbeknown to her. Exuding happiness almost all the time, her company is always a pleasure to have. I wish her the very best as she chases her dream to become a travel journalist or a chef.

(When you become either, I'll be your devoted reader or customer. I give you my word. Unless, of course, you become a poet. Then I'll try as arduously hard as I can to read them. Or if your restaurant is in France. Then I'll try to save up as much as I can by starving for a while and then flying over there for your food.)

Can I ask for a better cousin? No, I don't think I can. God has blessed me with one of the best.

Selamat Hari Jadi ke-17, Elisa!

I, er, uh, well, um, uh, love, er, well, you.

That was a choking hazard. You owe me one.

Just kidding.

I was there when you were born. Or rather, vice versa.

I was there when you ate chips.

I was there when you were eating dinner.

I was there when you were checking out our feet for reasons that escape me.

I was there during Christmas (2007).

I was there when you snapped the picture of our silhouettes on the sloshing jetty.

Did you cry? Did you cry?

Again, just kidding.

(Her reply.)

7 comments:

elisa. said...

so touched, but already teared a little just now after coming home from school due to some weird reasons i myself dunno.):

thank you so much & really didn't expect this from you.

my baby pictures, all exposed! oh noooooo!

Justine said...

You are most welcome! Didn't expect this? Score! Have a great birthday! (My baby pictures are also exposed. I only did this for your viewing pleasure. :) I feel equally uncomfortable so low five.)

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

hahahaha... I can curi curi tengok the exposed photo.. xD... CUTE~~~ should I copy and put in my blog?? haha.. just joking~!

Justine said...

Can. No problem! Haha. Do it to spite Elisa and make it more exposed. Haha. Kidding. Thanks for dropping by, too!

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

welcome... i posted something and elisa said that she so malu. but i think its nice... hmmmm...
welcome

elisa. said...

haha very funny larr the both of you.

today,me very the sangat happppppyyyy! anyone wanna take a guess to it? (:

Justine said...

Uh, happy cos History is O-V-E-R?