9.16.2008

Radio Raves

Ohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohman.

I just heard myself on the radio.

I called up Fly FM -one of the country's noted English radio stations- today and didn't for the life of me think that I would get picked up. But I was wrong. Dead wrong. The DJ answered the call after just one ring -or tut tut- and I wasn't even sure if I was hearing voices or if it was really happening. Then I finally came to my senses and opened my mouth to speak. I was stuttering the whole time and didn't even know what I was saying/asking. I was sure I sounded like an utter moron. And then my surety was confirmed. They aired it. 2 minutes later.

I even have proof as I was on standby and recorded the conversation. Oh man.

And then, I called a second time. This time, I was semi-ready. But yet again, I sounded like a total goon. This time, they aired it an hour after the call. My vocabulary plummeted eighty feet and I have a strong feeling the DJ thought I was a guy since Justine also sounds like Justin. Astonishing fact, isn't it? I didn't have the heart (Read: guts) to tell him my name has an 'e' at the end. I also have this second airing recorded. Oh man. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. However, I'm thankful they edited certain parts of my nonsensical ramblings.

In other related news, a friend of mine had also contacted another noted English radio station in the country at about the same time I made my first call to a radio station. Sweet.

8 comments:

Kiki said...

o_O? why'd u call the radio station? xD to dedicate a song?? o_O

Justine said...

I didn't think the DJ would pick up. So when he answered and asked, "What can I do for you?" I mumbled some utter rubbish. In didn't dedicate any song in the end. Aiyaya.

elisa. said...

psst..psst.

*whispering* i know why she called the radio station.

right,dearest cousin? xD

Justine said...

What! How do you know?!?! I didn't say anything...

elisa. said...

(: i must have been dreaming.

Justine said...

Xie xie.

Joe Jian said...

hahaha.. u were lucky!!

Justine said...

The DJ was kind enough to answer both my calls. When I called the day after, it was another DJ and my call was picked up at around the 5th call or so. But it wasn't the DJ. It was someone informing me, "The DJ is actually at the toilet right now. Call back later." Which I do but my calls were never answered. Haha. See. It's all got to do with the DJ.