7.01.2008

Birthday Everyday

I've been launching into frequent and intermittent coughing fits lately and my mother dropped by the Chinese pharmacy today to get me a remedy. Of course, with it being Chinese medicine, I had a hunch that the name of the medicine for cough would be something funny; like this. I wasn't wrong. The text on the package was Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa. I have no qualms about it because it is clinically efficacious (I hope).

My mother had initially ordered a 3kg birthday cake for my father's 59th birthday a few days ago for a mere 9 family friends (including my family). It was a good thing she changed it to 2.5kg in the end because the cake was originally 2.5kg before the celebration and 1.5kg after the celebration. Like yesterday, I munched on the leftovers of the cake today and probably will tomorrow and the days after. It will take us many jaded days before the cake will be completely finished. It feels like it's someone's birthday everyday; though that is technically true.

In other news, today was Day 1 of my brother's one-month stint working for my aunt in the city. He had to wrap stuff. Sounds hard. "Guess what I saw at work today?" he asked me. "What?" I asked unnecessarily. "Two small babies fighting over a toy bucket." And then he chuckled. This is turning out to be better than I thought it would.

5 comments:

Joe Jian AKA Jessie said...

hey.. where's ur chat box eh?

Justine said...

I removed it cos the stuff on my Cbox gets deleted every hundred days. I'd rather keep what you guys have to say here. Hehe. Hope you don't mind treating this comment section like a Cbox! Also, I am a little takut of spammers la. Haha. (Secret terbocor.) :P

Joe Jian AKA Jessie said...

sigh.. my cbox also kena spam..

Justine said...

Yeah, I saw. They've got too much time on their hands. Anyway, don't want to have to deal with that. :D But I think your Cbox now sudah OK liau, right?

Joe Jian AKA Jessie said...

bahaha.. yea.. the best thing to do is ignore them.. then they will find it useless to keep going on spamming..