4.06.2008

Our Guide

The assignment my Sunday School teacher gave us was to select one Bible verse out of 37 given verses which describe God and share a personal account regarding the verse today. Out of the 37 verses, a good friend of mine whom I've known since kindergarten and I chose the exact same one for the exact same word. Seriously. I couldn't believe it when the friend said, "Well, the verse I chose was Psalms 48:14."

Everyone began opening the Bible to the verse while I already had mine open to the page. I nudged the friend as everyone was thumbing through the Bible and said, "I picked that, too! Who'd have thought?" Really. What a coincidence. I contemplated not sharing since whatever the friend had to say would definitely and excellently cover mine but the teacher said we should both share our different reasons of selecting the verse. We both had the same reasons. But I shared as well in the end; only mine was an accelerated (and incomprehensible) version.

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. Psalms 48:14

No comments: