2.19.2008

Mayday!

The public speaking competition is tomorrow and the keyed up butterflies are whizzing and darting all over in the pit of my stomach. I have a strong hunch that they aren't going to stop for rest tomorrow.

I just don't think I can pull it off -by myself. I can, however, do it with God by my side. And by doing it, I mean, being able to at least make it to the end of the speech without having a seizure. Or something equally humiliating. Like several seizures.

I definitely do not want to win and can't anyway. The winner would have to represent the school for the district level which is even more nerve-wrecking than this.

I have received the most ridiculous encouragements from friends and family today. Some were actually helpful but there were some which were utter hogwash. And I truly appreciate their support, nonsensical or not.

Anyway, I'd just like to say in advance that I have already lost. Somehow, that comforting prospect isn't ameliorating the jitters.

No comments: