1.07.2008

A Non-Lesson to Remember

Today, I learned something that I can't really call a lesson. I know that good deeds don't always get repaid by other acts of kindness or even gratitude. I also know that the person whose needs you've placed before your own can end up emotionally hurting you in return. What I didn't know was how much that hurt. I found out today though. It isn't a nice feeling. Moreover, the fact that the one inflicting (emotional) pain is someone close doesn't do much to ameliorate the situation.

Someone later advised me to be self-centered and selfish in the future to avoid this from reoccurring. I want to agree with that person but I can't. This is because when an act of kindness is appreciated or even acknowledged, it is the best feeling in the world. People can turn around and stab you in the back. Sad but true. Nonetheless, it is never an excuse to be abrasive to the world or said people. Forgive and forget. That's the way I roll. Heh.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I am completely out of sorts today. I think I need more sleep. So do my father and brother as they are both down with flu.

Please excuse me while I complete my 4 linear graphs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about me?Sall Lei here.

Justine said...

Oy. I didn't know you read my blog! And here you are out of the blue. Haha. Anyway, have clarified the matter with you. No worries, peng you! ;)