1.03.2008

Last First Day of School; Year 2008

Today was the first day of my last school year. At the assembly area, my fellow fifth form schoolmates and I were segregated into classes based on our academic performance in 2007. I managed to get into the first class where all the smartypants are in. Sweet! I am elated since all the pro teachers are teaching the class. However, I am also disconcerted as the competition is bound to be very stiff. I don't enjoy competing and the stress that comes with it. Nonetheless, all of my good mates (except a tiny few) are in the same class as I am so I don't have any complaints about that.

All the teachers were hard on us -for a first school day. There was no orientation or getting-acquainted-with-each-other. Every teacher that came into class lay ground rules; some even gave us assignments in the process.

Reversing back to post-assembly. My friends and I were schlepping when everyone else was sprinting to class. This probably explains why we had to take the front and center seats (for the rest of the whole school year) as the rest were already occupied. Every cloud has a silver lining and I see this as an advantage because we don't have to squint at the board, are forbidden from sleeping, eating or any other offense in class and are forced to pay attention. This will help a lot in our (major) exam preparations, I am sure of that. I am also sure that they will beat me to a pulp if I actually mouth those words aloud to them.

There were a lot of changes at my school: New awning, newly-renovated washroom, new canteen operators, new food choices. I will probably stumble upon a few more in the future.

I went to my room at 10PM last night in a futile attempt to sleep early. I only slept around 1:30AM. Needless to say, I pressed the snooze button when my alarm rang this morning. It is definitely my vice.

Anyway, I have some homework to complete.

No comments: