11.02.2007

A SpongeBob SquarePants Tribute

The following is a SpongeBob SquarePants haiku I produced out of sheer boredom. It's pretty lame but so is SpongeBob.

I like,
SpongeBob,
Square,
Pants,
He's yellow,
Spongy, and
Square.
I like,
SpongeBob,
SquarePants.

Hope you enjoyed the meaningless poem-like haiku; it isn't exactly a poem.

I have to admit, SpongeBob fascinates me. Especially his deadpan and monotonous voice and infectious but bizarre laughter. I also enjoy the company of his pink starfish friend who constantly wears the same pants, Patrick. He reminds me of my brother -goofy and clueless. And he also wears the same pants most of the time; but only at home, fortunately.

Other cartoons which capture my attention: Dexter's Laboratory, Ranma 1/2 (anime), Rugrats and Mr. Bean (the cartoon).

However, these are mere memories since my dad removed the cartoon channels on TV after my brother and my school grades deteriorated. He also took away the Play Station which is currently collecting dust in his office. This was all back in year 2000. We eventually grew out of begging him to put the channels back on. Also, we grew up. But there's no harm in maintaining a child at heart.

No comments: